We are construction defect and property damage lawyers serving greater Seattle, Washington and the entire Eastside. We have represented condominium associations, commercial building owners, apartment building owners, and dozens of homeowners, each of whom suffered some kind of property damage.
We have simultaneously submitted the insurance claims and filed suits against builders for construction defects. Doing so requires a thorough understanding of the building’s history, its construction, repairs, losses, and insurance coverage. Ignorance of any one of these could sabotage one or both of the claims.
We can help you help you protect your assets and your tenants. And we handle many matters on contingent fee or mixed-contingent fee, so that your client’s out-of-pocket costs will be minimal unless and until we recover money for them.
Investigating the Damage:
Preserving the Evidence: If you discover damage to the building, your first step is to preserve evidence of the loss. That means you should:
- Take steps to mitigate the damage
- Photograph the conditions, carefully identifying the area of the building, the location of the damage, and preserving the evidence within the photos
- Save any physical damage that has separated from the building
- Assess the potential damage to tenants
- Evaluate your legal and ethical obligation to inform tenants or customers